Costumes are on, pumpkins are carved, and kids could not be more excited to fill their pillow cases with candy! Let the trick or treating commence but don’t get tricked by spilt treats on the floor– follow these simple steps to remove candy and chocolate from your carpet:
- Use a butter knife to scrape off remaining residue.
- Apply carpet stain removed and dab with paper towel or clean white cloth.
- If remnants remain, mix ¼ teaspoon of white detergent and 1 cup of warm water.
- Pour mix directly on stain and begin blotting from the outer edge of the stain towards the middle.
- Place paper towels or clean cloth over stain and apply weight (like a heavy book). Leave overnight to absorb moisture.
- Place a few handfuls of ice in a zip lock bag and apply bag directly to gum/sticky candy. Gum/candy should harden making it easier to remove.
- Use a scraping tool to fully scrape candy from carpet.
- Vacuum to remove any loose particles.
- Sponge the stain directly with warm, soapy water.
- Cover the area with a clean white towel and apply weight (like a heavy book). Leave overnight to absorb moisture.